Elephanting is a unique experience but is TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED due to the death of Mr. Digs Pascoe from Space for Elephants. Watch this space as we gather ourselves to regroup. When it is back, you can immerse yourself in a three night/two day (or a four night/3 day) encounter with a wild elephant family – an exclusive opportunity for a maximum of only six people per experience.
This unique time in the Kingdom of eSwatini (previously known as Swaziland) will provide you with a safe and unforgettable encounter with Africa’s gentle giants, in an area that was always part of their ancient migratory route. Coupled with the fact that Royal Jozini is home to virtually every species of African wildlife, this is an out-of-the-ordinary opportunity to immerse yourself in the rhythms and sounds, life and ambience of the wild.
Your host is a skilled and experienced Elephanting guide, who will engage you in select Elephanting experiences amongst wild elephants.
There are two Elephanting accommodation options with meals and refreshments included. You can choose to “get involved and get braaing” or have meals prepared for you (“Served”). And in the “get involved and get braaing” option, you can choose a rustic lodge (Typical) with a boma, or a more luxurious option of a lodge with a pool (Luxury).
What is Elephanting And What Can You Expect?
- Find out why Africa is the cradle of mankind and of elephants.
- Understand the role elephants have and their importance to conservation.
- Listen to why the elephant was the original communicator in Africa.
- Find out how elephants can teach humankind about family values.
- Learn about the intricate social lives and networks of elephants
- Understand the interesting and sophisticated communication systems of elephants.
- Learn about the phenomenon of ‘musth’ in bulls and all its implications.
- Be shown how to read tracks, how to look out for signs if the elephants are nearby and what sounds to listen out for.
- Why and how elephants were relocated; how elephants are managed and why they need range expansion
- The special history of the herd at Royal Jozini
- Your specialist guides are rangers from the Space for Elephants
- Foundation (SEF). You will learn why SEF was born, its goals, and how you can help by giving our elephants their S P A C E.
And at the end of it all, you will leave with:
- A newfound passion for elephants
- An awareness of what elephants think and feel
- An intimate understanding of what elephants teach us
- A better view of elephant behaviour
- An insight into how elephants communicate